I’m collecting a collection

Garage sale finds from the weekend….

Massive, filled-to-the-brim box of…

Deep Box Profile

Makings of a stamp quilt

Stamps!  They are from all over the world and most of them are used.  I think this is why it pays to open boxes at garage sals.  All for $5!  I went through some of them with the kids yesterday and they were facinated.  I won’t hoard them, but will definitely be looking to these for some sewing inspiration.  I usually shy away from pastels.

And, I also finally (F-I-N-A-L-L-Y) found the entire ChildCraft series for sale!  And all for a buck a book ($15 in all).  It’s the 60s version as opposed to the 50s version, which I am ashamed to say that she had as well.  The aesthetic in the 50s set was amazing but as I plan to actually use them for my kids instead of gazing lovingly at them on our bookshelf, I thought they should be as up-to-date as possible.

Childcraft Stack

For those who don’t know about this series, I first found out about it from Elsie Marley blog here and there are a couple more blogs that rave about it here and here and is listed in one of Craftzine’s favourite kids crafting books (#1 in fact).  It’s a wonderful series of books that is packed with stories and activities that have a global perspective.  In each volume hey have an astounding variety of rich illustrations and photographs to keep the kids engaged:

City stories

Much better choice than the Captain Underpants stories we were in the middle of!

About Susanne

I am a small business owner, a mother, a crafter and the Editorial Director at a craft book publisher. Opinions and thoughts are mine alone. If you would like to get in touch, I'd love to hear from you at susannewoods at hotmail dot com.
This entry was posted in Family, Garage Sale Finds. Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to I’m collecting a collection

1. 30w box mod says:

although web-sites we backlink to below are considerably not related to ours, we really feel they are basically really worth a go via, so possess a look

2. M88 says:

please take a look at the web pages we comply with, which includes this 1, because it represents our picks from the web

3. sick says:

usually posts some very exciting stuff like this. If you are new to this site

4. Sites of interest we have a link to

5. although web-sites we backlink to below are considerably not connected to ours, we feel they are really worth a go via, so possess a look

6. although web-sites we backlink to beneath are considerably not related to ours, we really feel they’re basically worth a go by way of, so possess a look

7. Nice blog right here! Also your web site so much up very fast!
    What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link for your host?

I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

8. just beneath, are various totally not connected web sites to ours, having said that, they are surely worth going over

9. just beneath, are numerous totally not related web-sites to ours, nevertheless, they are surely really worth going over

10. Sites of interest we’ve a link to

11. always a huge fan of linking to bloggers that I really like but don

12. Take benefit of your new-found freedom and discover something new or review
    alreadying existing abilities. Remaining engaged will influence ideas,
    present you to new individuals as well as open brand-new doorways.

13. m88 says:

Here are a few of the web sites we suggest for our visitors

14. politic news says:

check below, are some absolutely unrelated web-sites to ours, nevertheless, they’re most trustworthy sources that we use

15. that is the end of this report. Right here you

16. Hi colleagues, how is all, and what you want to say on the topic of this
    piece of writing, in my view its actually amazing in support of me.

17. More Help says:

The data mentioned in the report are a few of the very best offered

18. very few web sites that take place to be detailed below, from our point of view are undoubtedly well worth checking out

19. Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this
    technological globe everything is presented on net?

20. Hi superb blog! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of work?
    I’ve no expertise in coding but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject but I simply needed to ask.
    Thanks a lot!