100 things about me

Photo 1My name is Susanne.

I was supposed to be called Jacqueline Anne.

I like my name.

My husband calls me sus (pronounced ‘sooz’).

I like to sew.

My parents bought me my first sewing machine when I was 12.

I am a quilter.

I have been quilting since I was 19.

My wedding dress was the first and only garment I have ever made.

I met my husband in London.

He was my assistant.

He quit after working with me for two weeks.

We made up.

We were married in Cornwall, England.

My parents are English.

I was born in California.

I am a first generation American.

I have dual nationality.

My husband is English.

My husband and I have two lovely little lads.

Our two boys have dual nationality.

I am *gulp* 40.

I don’t care too much about my age.

I usually can’t remember how old I am.

I was born on Boxing Day (December 26th).

My birthday is impossible to forget.

I have forgotten my husband’s birthday (eeek! only once and we were just dating at the time).

I love my husband.

He is very forgiving.

I love my kids.

I don’t cry very often.

I cried when both my sons were born.

I am a happy person mostly because I have a wonderful family.

I love my parents.

We recently moved to Colorado for my job and I really miss them being around the corner.

I lived in New York for 5 years.

I started my career in book publishing in New York.

I love books and I love the experience of reading them too.

I am passionate about bringing the voice of creators to a wide audience.

I spend a lot of time considering self-publishing models.

I am a member on the National Modern Quilting Guild board.

I love working with so many creative people.

I miss New York.

I miss living in a city.

We live in the suburbs.

I also own a business with my husband (www.chameleonconsignment.com).

I love working with my husband.

My favourite flowers are Sweet Peas.

I love that they smell peppery.

I like pepper.

I like the smell of basil and rosemary too.

I have a herb garden.

I grow my own vegetables.

My husband and kids aren’t vegetarian but I am.

I don’t like chocolate.

I prefer savory over sweet.

I hang my laundry out to dry on a clothesline.

I love being outside.

I love the seaside and miss this the most now that we are in Colorado.

I don’t know how to surf. Or snowboard.

I don’t miss living in London, but I do miss living in England.

I miss the BBC and international news.

I don’t watch the news anymore.

My favourite TV series was The West Wing.

My favourite TV show now is Project Runway.

I hate reality TV.

I think it’s amazing what designers can create for so little money.

I love a bargain.

When someone compliments me on something I am wearing, I have to tell them how much I paid for it.

I often overshare.

I am addicted to garage sales and go every weekend.

I go to thrift stores in my lunch hour.

My best friend is Sheila.

She and I have been best friends since grade school.

In high school I had an asymmetrical purple haircut and a nose ring that attached to a chain to my earring.

I was voted the ‘most creative’ female at my high school.

The ‘most creative’ male in my year went on to become an international air guitar champion.

I don’t keep in touch with my friends as well as I should.

I would move mountains for my friends and am flawlessly loyal.

I like commitments.

I am honest and believe in doing the right thing.

I want my kids to be honest and to do the right thing.

I usually think I know what the right thing is and am very stubborn.

I hope my boys don’t turn out to be stubborn too.

I never forget how lucky I am to be a mom to our two awesome boys.

I only use the word ‘awesome’ when I am actually full of awe.

I’m a stickler for grammar.

I have a degree in English from UC Berkeley.

UC Berkeley is not as full of the intelligence you would hope for.

I can be over-critical.

I am working on getting my degree in Interior Design but feel guilty for not being with the kids when I need to finish a project or take a class in the evenings.

I would love to be a stay at home mom.

Not many people think I would be happy being a stay at home mom because I like my job so much.

I love my kids much more than I like my job.

I am ambitious and entrepreneurial.  I have been told I am intimidating.

I don’t want to be intimidating (some people do and I think that reveals a lack of self-confidence).

I am nervous about starting a blog.

I can’t decide if I hope people read it or if I am terrified that people with read it.

I like trying new things.

I can be reached at:

business: www.chameleonconsignment.com where you can check out all of the fun furniture we get coming into the store with pictures and prices updated once a week.

email: susannewoods (at) hotmail (dot) com

About Susanne

I am a small business owner, a mother, a crafter and the Editorial Director at a craft book publisher. Opinions and thoughts are mine alone. If you would like to get in touch, I'd love to hear from you at susannewoods at hotmail dot com.
This entry was posted in About me. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to 100 things about me

1. Wendy says:

I saw in the Modern Quilt guild newsletter that you are starting up a MQG in Boulder. I live in Broomfield and I would love to join. Where do you guys meet and when?

Cheers,
    Wendy

2. Sally Bell says:

Susanne,
    I just discovered your blog!! I know, I’m slow.

I love your list about you, but, really, a nose ring that attached to a chain to your earring!! lol!

Sally Bell
    Maw-Bell Designs

3. Anita says:

I loved getting to ‘know’ you a little more. And I agree. I don’t see the appeal in owning a Kindle. Well, I do see the economy of it, but I like reading from paper. Thanks for sharing!

4. Pingback: Weekend actual, real, no kidding accomplishments | beyondthekids.com Blog

5. happy zombie says:

Best “About me” slash 100 Things I’ve every read. Pretty dang good, especially for someone who’s never achieved international air guitar champion stardom like her classmate.

6. Megan says:

Susanne, I love your blog! Can I please see the wedding dress you made? I would love to see a pic. That is so special!

7. Camille says:

Welcome to blogging! Everything looks great. I’m nervous to leave a comment, since you are such a stickler on grammar… It is clearly not my strong point. And the longer I blog, the worse it becomes!

I really love this post. What a great way to start out!

I often overshare as well. We will get along just fine.

8. You seriously think I would have left any evidence of that un-burned?

9. What a marvelous post – so much fun. I wish I had done something as interesting when I started my blog!!

Very glad to welcome you to blog world – look forward to reading lots more from you xx

10. Kajsa says:

I enjoyed reading that so much! We are very much alike I think! At least we have the favourite flower and I don’t know how to surf either. No good advice to give… I’m still figuring it out myself after three years (don’t tell anyone).

11. kathy says:

Welcome to blogland Susanne! I do wish I still lived in the Bay Area, I would have dropped everything and driven through the tunnel to visit your shop! A great introduction, I look forward to learning more about your crafty and creative side! Have fun and don’t forget to use lots of exclamation points!!! :) xo Kathy

12. elizabeth says:

Welcome to blogging! I feel like I know you already. That’s quite a list! I’ll definitely be back…and will be watching my grammar.

13. Nancy Geaney says:

Welcome! I absolutely adore your introduction… I feel like I know you so well! I have no advice, except to give yourself time off when you need it. Blogging should never be a chore!
    Your friend in Blogland,
    Nancy
    I will be sure to check out the shop, too!

14. jodi says:

CONGRATS on starting a blog! And WELCOME to the Land of Blog! ;o) LOVE your first post.

15. Emily says:

In high school I had asymmetrical purple haircut and a nose ring that attached to a chain to my earring.

*That* I want to see a picture of! I look forward to stalking you. ;)

16. mummysam says:

I finally can peak!!! and what a way to introduce yourself….
    I so enjoyed reading the list (with quite a few chuckles on the way. I will surely have to send you some Bubble and Squeek on your birthday. (But then again, it’s not a boxing day tradition that many people enjoy so much :) maybe I shouldn’t. )

congratulations and thank you for finally letting me in!!

17. Lisa says: